Thursday, March 7, 2013

MAC Viva Glam Nicki 2- Worth the hype?

So I have been contemplating whether or not I should purchase the new series of Viva Glam lippies that MAC has released.

MAC introduced a brand new lilac shade and the beauty media continued to buzz about it. I did my research and looked up the products on Youtube to see the swatches. I must say, I was rather intrigued. The pale lavender color was something I have never seen before and it excited me. But then I snapped back to reality. I can't just buy lipstick colors because it is pretty! With a tube costing $15 a piece, I have to make sure that I will get my money's worth. Ultimately, the Viva Glam Nicki 2 lipstick seemed just a bit too pasty for my chocolate skin tone. 
As I wallowed over the lipstick shade not complementing my skin tone, I came across a swatch of the MAC Viva Glam Nicki 2 Lipglass that was also released. Perfection! According to the swatched, the lipglass provided the same gorgeous lilac color, but in a more sheer, wearable version. I couldn't get to the MAC store quick enough!

At the MAC store, I tried on the lipglass, fell in love, purchased it and lived happily ever after. I couldn't get over how the delicate, sheer lilac shade complemented my skin tone. It was also incredibly moisturizing and a lot of product was not needed to achieve the intended lavender look! Probably the BEST thing about this lipglass is how versatile it is. Check out my Youtube video below on how I rock my MAC Viva Glam Nicki 2 Lipglass. 


No comments:

Post a Comment